Friday 20th November 2020
Unbelievably we have already reached the end of week four of this term and with the decorations going up in the hall, we are beginning to look forward to Christmas and all the fun activities we will be enjoying, such as our virtual pantomime and Christingle service.
Once again we have been working very hard, enjoying different aspects of our learning:
- Zack particularly enjoyed building dens and playing games at Forest School with Mr File
- Scarlett loved writing her diary as Scrooge from 'A Christmas Carol'
- Hollie had enjoyed the challenge of programming an analogue clock using Scratch
- Erin thought learning how to calculate the area of a triangle in Maths was really interesting
- Ryan and many of us are continuing how to enjoy learning hockey skills in PE
On Friday, we enjoyed a special assembly where we were joined by some of our governors who had judged the Elham Historical Society's 'Life in Lockdown' competition. Congratulations go to Elliot Cowling who won the prize in Oak Class for the best piece of writing - a very funny and original diary recording his feelings throughout Lockdown.
Enjoy your weekend and we will see you all again on Monday.
Mrs Short and Mrs Godden
This week's spellings are all -ough spellings. They will be tested on Friday 27th November.