Friday 10th June 2022
What an amazing Arts' Week we have been enjoying this year! Below are photographs of all the activities and workshops we have participated in so far.
During the week we were lucky enough to take part in lots of different experiences and have a go at learning new skills. There was definitely something for everyone.
Across the week we enjoyed the following activities:
- Watching Shane Record, a local artist, complete a huge painting of Sunny Sands as we watched. He also encouraged us to ask him questions which he was very happy to answer. He was truly inspiring.
- Learning how to take false perspective photographs, with mixed results!
- A workshop in Forest School on how to play the djembe drums. That was really fun.
- Learning a street dance routine. Some of us were more enthusiastic than others, but there were some surprisingly good dancers in the class. (You know who you are!)
- Another workshop in Forest School - this time with Annie Begley - on using clay to make artworks using leaf imprints and adding mini-beasts to them.
We had a really great week, and thanks must go to Mrs Ferguson and Mrs Lewis for organising it all. THANK YOU - we really appreciated everything.
Next week may not be quite so exciting, but we will hopefully beginning our end-of-year production. Watch this space for more information coming soon.....
Have a great weekend everyone
Mrs Godden and Mrs Short