Friday 11th March 2022
Good afternoon everybody
Well, what a busy, learning-packed week we have had! These are some of the things we have enjoyed learning:
- Our class book this term is 'There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom' by Louis Sacher. Mrs Short has been reading it to us and we are using it as inspiration for our creative writing. This week we looked in detail at the characters in the book.
- We have been studying how to read and construct bar charts in maths, as well as calculating time intervals using the 24-hour clock.
- A very important area of study for us as we start to grow up is SRE and this term we learnt about puberty and relationships (with parents, siblings and friends, etc). If you wish to see what is covered in our SRE sessions, there is a link below to the relevant page on the school website.
- Design and Technology was great fun this week as we made bread and tried different ways of using the dough. For example, by plaiting it, or making it into the shape of a fish.
- In preparation for our dreaded SATs tests in May, we sat a Comprehension paper this week and Mrs Short was very pleased with our results.
- This term we are investigating Christian belief in Salvation, so this week we read the Easter story as told in Luke's gospel and looked for evidence of the resurrection. We found plenty to explain why Christians believe that Christ rose from the dead.
- We have almost finished our 3D modelling work using Tinkercad. This week we used this computer aided design program to create the models of photo frames which we had made plans for the previous week.
- We continue to develop our ball skills in PE lessons and in GPS this week we learnt how to identify different types of determiners - if you are unsure of what they are, just click on the website link below for an explanation.
Well done everyone for working so hard this week. Next week should be a lot of fun as it's Science Week and we have lots of exciting activities to look forward to.
Mrs Godden and Mrs Short