Monday 19th October 2020
Good morning everyone
We hope that you had an enjoyable weekend and are all ready to enjoy the last week of this term. Although it has been a long term, it still seems to have gone by very quickly. We have packed in a lot of excellent learning and everyone seems very happy to be back in the routine of coming to school each day.
As usual, we have all enjoyed different lessons this week. Here are some of our comments on our learning:
- Phoebe and Oscar A were proud of how well they did in their spelling test. On the whole, most of the class are making an excellent effort to learn them each week.
- Ruby and Elliot particularly enjoyed their writing (poetry).
- Phoebe and Grace enjoyed researching how harvest is celebrated around the world.
- Fractions were popular with many of the class - not the easiest of subjects, but we all did very well at adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions. Ask us about 'Kiss and Flip'!
- Topic was very interesting this week too as we learnt about Greek gods and goddesses.
Special mentions in assembly this week went to all of Year Six who sat the Kent Test this week with no fuss or both. Well done everyone! Also a special mention went to Phoebe and Grace too, who worked hard with Mrs Vincent to prepare for today's (Monday's) Harvest Festival Assembly. Great work girls.
We look forward to speaking to all of your parents this week at our virtual parents' evening and telling them all how hard you are working.
Mrs Short and Mrs Godden
This week's spellings (words from the 5/6 spellings list) to be tested on Friday 23rd October