Friday 19th November 2021
The weather may be turning colder, but we are keeping warm in school by working hard on our learning. A few highlights this week have been:
- In Maths - practising long division and solving word problems, working on proportion and calculating the area of rectangles and compound shapes
- In English - we have read the first two chapters of Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo
- In Science - we learnt about Charles Darwin and his trip to the Galapagos Islands where he worked on his Theory of Evolution by studying the wildlife there
- In PSHE - this week has been 'Anti-bullying week, so we have focussed on this and them completed an online questionnaire about our experiences of bullying
- In RE - we learnt about how Christians follow Christ's teachings about helping the sick. We studied a particular Christian charity - The Leprosy Mission - and then wrote some excellent persuasive letters to Mrs Godden telling her why she should support this worthy cause
- In French - we can now recognise and say a variety of activities that we may do at the weekend
- In Music we all learnt to play a simple jazz tune (Bacharach Anorak) really well on the glockenspiels. Mrs Godden was very impressed at our speedy progress!
On Friday we enjoyed coming to school in our own clothes in exchange for a donation towards this year's Children In Need appeal. Next Friday is also a Tag Day - this time we would welcome donations for our tombola at the PTA Christmas Fair on Friday 3rd December.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Mrs Godden and Mrs Short