Friday 2nd October 2020
Good Afternoon Everyone
We have enjoyed another week of challenging, but interesting learning in Oak Class, and we particularly enjoyed:
- Watching the video of 'The Piano' and writing the story in our own words. You can see the film here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uHCMt3wm04
- Learning about the life of Charles Darwin and his adventures on HMS Beagle which led him to write his famous book about evolution - 'On The Origin of Species'
- Drawing circles to precise measurements using a pair of compasses. Some of us moved on to drawing quite complex pictures with them.
- Learning how to ask and tell the time in French. 'Quelle heure est-il? 'Il est cinq heures.'
- Discovering what a flowchart is and how it can be used to plan computer programs before we begin our actual coding. We looked at flowcharts of favourite playground games and 'debugged' them, which means that we found errors in them and then corrected them.
- We also have a bit of fun each day with Mrs Godden as she writes 'Good Morning' on the board each day in a different language which we have to try and guess. So far we have had Italian, Portuguese, Croatian, Dutch and Vietnamese, amongst others.
Congratulations go to the following pupils who were mentioned in Mr File's assembly this week:
Jack for fantastic spelling work - he scored full marks in this week's test, including our unknown Delta word which this week was 'ambidextrous'.
Lillie for always persevering, even when she finds things difficult. You did a great job at mastering how to use a pair of compasses this week Lillie - super effort.
We hope you all find something lovely to do over the weekend, despite the forecast of rain both days.
Mrs Short and Mrs Godden
This week's spellings (words ending in -cial or -tial) to be tested on Friday 9th October