Our curriculum intent for computing
At Elham C of E Primary School, through the teaching of Computing, it is our aim that our children are offered a high-quality computing education which equips pupils to use computational thinking and creativity to understand and change the world. Through this, our children will become responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology. It will also ensure they become digitally literate at a level suitable for the future workplace and as active participants in the digital world.
They will develop the skills to:
- design, write and debug programs that accomplish specific goals, using sequence, selection and repetition, including working with variables
- understand how computer networks work, including the internet.
- use search technologies effectively, being discerning in evaluating digital content.
- select, use and combine a variety of software across a range of digital devices to design and create a range of programs, systems and content that accomplish given goals.
- use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly
Through Computing the children will also develop their oracy using specific vocabulary linked to the subject.