Book Week 2021
What a fantastic time we have had this week! From author and illustrator visits to drama workshops with KIC Theatre and a performance from The Tales from the Book of Life, we have enjoyed learning new things from a variety of people who have helped us to develop our own writing and performing skills.
And not forgetting Fridays' Dressing Up day which has been a lot of fun. There are lots of photos below for you to enjoy. A very big 'Thank you' must go to Mrs Ferguson for organising the whole week for us. You did a great job, Mrs Ferguson, and we really appreciate it.
These were our favourite activities of the week:
- Making information posters about our favourite non-fiction subjects (Erin and Joe A)
- Tales From The Book of Life - The Dolls' House ghost story (Jeremy, Riley, Joe A, Tamsin and Owen)
- Dressing up in costume (Saul and Owen)
- Meeting the different authors (Patrick Wheeler and Steve Clifford), listening to their stories and then producing our own endings to a story (Nicholas)
- Meeting the illustrator and author Christina Balit, looking at her fantastic illustrations and learning about the process of illustrating a book from the initial brief through to the finished, printed book (Daisy)
- KIC Theatre - exploring the Ancient Olympics through drama with Ian (Sabine)
It has been a super end to a very long Term 1. Everyone has worked really hard and made an excellent start to life in Oak Class. We hope you all enjoy a well-deserved rest over half-term and we look forward to seeing you all back at school on Tuesday 2nd November for Term 2 (dare we mention that it's the Christmas term? - it's only 64 sleeps until Santa arrives!).
Mrs Short and Mrs Godden